This Privacy Notice is issued by Pembangunan Leasing Corporation Sdn Bhd and all its direct and indirect subsidiaries (hereinafter referred to as ‘PLC Group'). As part of PLC Group's day to day operation, PLC Group collects your Personal Data when you apply, subscribe our services, communicate and engage with us in whatsoever manner. In return, we may use this information to provide you with our services, maintain our records or send you relevant information, where applicable.
Under the Personal Data Protection Act 2010 ('PDPA'), we are required to inform you:
- that your personal data is being processed by or on behalf of PLC Group, and shall provide a description of the Personal Data to you;
- the purposes for which the Personal Data is being or is to be collected and further processed;
- of any information available to PLC Group as to the source of that Personal Data;
- of your right to request access to and to request correction of the Personal Data and how to contact PLC Group with any inquiries or complaints in respect of the Personal Data;
- of the class of third parties to whom that PLC Group discloses or may disclose the Personal Data;
- of the choices and means PLC Group offers you for limiting the processing of the Personal Data, including Personal Data relating to other persons who may be identified from that Personal Data;
- whether it is obligatory or voluntary for you to supply the Personal Data; and
- where it is obligatory for you to supply the Personal Data, the consequences if you fail to supply the Personal Data.
Your privacy is therefore matters to us and we are committed in protecting your Personal Data by collecting and using your Personal Data in accordance with the PDPA.
For the purposes of this Privacy Notice, please note that:
"Personal Data" refers to any information which relates directly or indirectly to you and/or your transactions with PLC Group. This information may include your name, NRIC number, address, occupation, contact details, the type of products and/or services rendered to and such other necessary information regarding yourself and your transaction(s) including Sensitive Personal Data.
"Sensitive Personal Data" refers to any Personal Data consisting of information as to your physical or mental health or condition, your political opinions, religious beliefs or other beliefs of a similar nature, the commission or alleged commission by you of any offence or any other Personal Data as the Minister may determine by order published in the Gazette.
Type of Personal Data Collected and How PLC Group Collect it
In order to enable PLC Group deal with your inquiries or to provide you with PLC Group's services, PLC Group may be required to collect, use, disclose and store (i.e. "process") your personal and/or financial data. Such personal and/or financial data is required amongst others to:
- establish your personal identification and background;
- establish your financial standing and creditworthiness where required; and/or
- supply you with any of PLC Group services applied for.
- We may also obtain the above information about you from the following sources:
- Your relationship with PLC Group, for example information provided by you when using PLC Group services, when taking part in customer surveys and during performance of financial reviews ;
- Your verbal, written and/or electronic communications with PLC Group;
- Third parties connected with you, such as joint account holder, security providers and guarantor(s) subject to your prior consent; and
- Any other sources which you have given your consent to disclose information relating to you and/or where not otherwise restricted.
The Personal Data collected can be either mandatory or optional. Mandatory Personal Data are your information that required so that PLC Group can provide you with the required services. If you do not provide PLC Group with the mandatory Personal Data, PLC Group will not be able to provide you with those services. Optional Personal Data are your information that are not obligatory to be provided to PLC Group. lf you do not wish to provide your optional Personal Data, you may still apply for PLC Group services. Mandatory and voluntary Personal Data may differ for PLC Group various services and these will be indicated in letter of offer of PLC Group services.
How PLC Group Use Your Personal Data
Other than as stated above, PLC Group may use your Personal Data for one or more of the following purposes:
- Manage and maintain your information through regular updates, consolidation and improving the accuracy of PLC Group records. In this manner PLC Group can respond to your enquiries, complaints and to generally resolve disputes quickly so that PLC Group can improve PLC Group's business and your relationship with PLC Group;
- Conduct research for analytical purposes, data mining and analyses of your transactions /use of services to better understand your current financial position and future needs. PLC Group will also produce data, reports and statistics from time to time, however such information will be aggregated so that your identity will remain confidential. Sometimes it may be necessary if required, to verify your financial standing through credit reference/reporting checks;
- Comply with the requirements of any Laws binding on PLC Group such as conducting anti-money laundering checks, crime detection/prevention, prosecution, protection or enforcement of PLC Group's rights to recover any debt owing to us including transferring or assigning PLC Group's rights, interests and obligations under any of your agreement with PLC Group;
- Perform shared services within PLC Group such as audit, compliance, legal, human resource, risk management including assessing financial and insurance risks;
- Outsourcing of business and back-room operations within PLC Group; and
- Any other purpose(s) that is required or permitted by any law, regulations, guidelines and/or relevant regulatory authorities.
PLC Group will seek your consent before using your Personal Data for a purpose other than those that are set out in this Privacy Notice and/or in the terms of any of your agreement (s) with the PLC Group.
Disclosure of your Personal Data
As part of providing you with PLC Group's services, PLC Group may be required to disclose certain information about you to the following third parties:
- PLC Group's agents, service providers, vendors and /or professional advisers such as accountants, auditors, lawyers, financial advisers who assist PLC Group in processing, administering, fulfilling transactions or providing value added services that you have requested;
- any person authorized or appointed by you to give instructions to PLC Group on your behalf such as your agents, accountants, auditors, lawyers, financial advisers, brokers and intermediaries;
- any person(s) connected to the enforcement or preservation of any of PLC Group's rights or transferring the rights and obligations under your agreement(s) with PLC Group;
- any third party(ies) arising from the restructuring of facilitiy(ies) granted to you, sale of debts, acquisition or sale of any company by PLC Group provided that the recipient uses your information for the same purpose(s) as it was originally supplied to PLC Group and/or used by PLC Group;
- other financial institution(s) for the purpose of fulfilling the transactions required by you;
- any rating agency(ies),credit reporting agencies, insurer(s), insurance broker(s), re-insurers or direc/indirect provider(s) of credit protection and in the event of default of a facility granted to you, to debt collection agencies; and/or
- any competent authority(ies) and/or regulator(s), including foreign regulator(s) for the performance of their functions, subject at all times to any laws, including foreign laws applicable to the PLC Group.
Otherwise, PLC Group will not disclose your information to others, except where:
- PLC Group are permitted to do so by you;
- PLC Group are required or permitted to do so by law;
- required or authorized by any order of court, tribunal or authority, whether governmental or quasi-governmental with jurisdiction over PLC Group;
- PLC Group may transfer rights and obligations under PLC Group's agreement(s) with you; and/or
- PLC Group are required to meet PLC Group's obligations to any relevant regulatory authority.
But rest assured, that at all times, PLC Group will respect and protect the privacy and confidentiality of your Personal Data.
Security of your Personal Data
PLC Group place great importance in ensuring the security and confidentiality of your Personal Data and regularly review and implement up-to-date technical and organizational security measures when processing your Personal Data.
Retention of Personal Data
Your Personal Data will be retained in compliance with this Privacy Notice and /or the terms and conditions of your agreement(s) with any PLC Group entity for the duration of your relationship or for such period as may be necessary to protect the interest of both PLC Group and you. Such retention is also necessary as required by law or in accordance with PLC Group internal policies.
Your Rights to Access and Correct Personal Data
If you wish to access and/or make changes to your Personal Data, you can make a written request and PLC Group will endeavor to comply with your request to access and/or correct your Personal Data within 30 days of receiving your written request and the relevant processing fees. Please note that PLC Group may withhold access to your Personal Data in certain situations, for example when PLC Group is unable to confirm your identity, where the information requested is a confidential commercial nature or when there are repeated requests for the same information. Nevertheless, PLC Group will notify you of the reason(s) for not being able to accede to your request. PLC Group may also request for more documentary evidence to avoid incidence of fraud and/or inaccurate information.
In order to enable PLC Group serve you better, PLC Group seeks your assistance to continuously keep your Personal Data up to-date.
Where the Personal Data Provided by You is Incomplete
It may be obligatory for you in some instances to provide certain Personal Data to enable PLC Group to process your application or subscribe to some of PLC Group's services. If you are unable to or decline to provide such obligatory Personal Data, PLC Group may not be able to process your application or provide you with the said services.
Revisions to the Privacy Notice
This Privacy Notice may be revised from time to time and if there is/are any revision(s), it will be posted on PLC Group's website and/or other means of communication deemed suitable to PLC Group. However any revision(s) will be in compliance with PDPA.
If you have any enquiries or complaints concerning this Privacy Notice, you may contact PLC Group‘s Data Protection Officer at the following:-
Telephone No. : 03-2690 1010
Mailing Address : Level 3, Menara Bank Pembangunan, Bandar Wawasan, Jalan Sultan Ismail, 50250 Kuala Lumpur
eMail Address : email@example.com